MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mixed up files???& Missing Images???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed i been having some issues with my hosting,lately.

And missing images, all of a sudden.

So, I am considering finding a competent host.

Besides this I found a few files of images mixed up?

so i recently found two files one named thumbs.db a database file in my images directory???
what should i do with this file???
dont know how or why this got here ??? I believe i got someone playing around or something???

the other file is index.html

dont know if this belongs here or how it got here???

Any suggestions? what should i do with these files and folders , i dont want to delete them and find out i did something wrong.

I also noticed, some of my icons are not appearing , yet they are there in the icons folder?

so I am wondering if there are images of the same that is confusing the directory or where they should be pulled from? is this possible?
Thumb.db file will be automaticallly generated for images and it is useless for you, and also it does not cause any problem at all,

same is the case with index.html

for Icons, Once you should mak sure that they belong to he same Theme folder on which your forum is progressing now

Thankyou
oh thank you! i was wondering if i should delete them, i found the thumbs.db files in only some of my image files??

how would i know with what theme they should be there for? its for older themes or new themes1400 series of mybb?

the html index, i opened it and it had nearly all of my documents folder from my computer there???
images and such mostly???

i am using an old theme, and had afresh with gloss theme too.
i believe gloss and regular theme from 145 series image folder may have gotten mixed up somehow???

filezilla , issue , perhaps.

I also noticed i am getting only on my quotes this type of action happening;

(04-19-2009 07:47 PM)username Wrote: what happened to my blah blah blah etc example

and the quote shouldnt look like this??? when someone quotes the post?

what is missing? so i can replace it or upload?

Thanks for you help
ghazal , Thanks! much love for a MyBB Queen! Smile
A thumbs.db file is generated by Windows so that there's a nice thumbnail image when you look at them on your computer - they're useless on a server environment, and you can delete them.

As to your documents being on your server, just looks like you've uploaded the wrong files Smile

Delete any unnecessary files from your host and reupload the 1.4.5 package again. That way you know that all the files are there and up to date...
Thanks Tom, the 145 when smooth, after a couple of tries. what makes u think i didn't get all the files to 145? because i did it wrong the first couple times and didnt get the 144 prompt ?
i will remove the thumbs.db files, thanks. i removed the index html too.

as for the , quote, appearing like that example above dont really know whats happening there.

and i just uploaded the smilies to the images/smiles , and they wont appear???i have like 6 smiles, and the smiley folder shows 18 or so??? and they wont appear???
i did this to my other theme folders as well? and nothing???

i believe , i had files from the areas of my theme in the queued area, and that may have happened, not sure, how they got there? but i been having image issues not appearing, and disappearing randomly?

I also have an task manager that stops working on its own from time to time, and it happened again.
the site back ups are like way to long titled with alpha numerical titles it appears too , in comparison to the older ones,

The thumbnail attachement on the recount and rebuild has stopped working as well, or wont complete the process that shows it has been successfully rebuilt and process completed. it gets stuck and ask if it wants to be completed, Smile
Strange. Try /images/smilies/, the path needs to be relative to the folder. I can't remember what the right one is for it now...

The image issues might be your host - I know it's not the best host to be on but it wouldn't be MyBB's problem. The images are obviously there in the folders...

The site backups were changed in 1.4.5. There was a small chance it could be brute forced and downloaded by someone other than you or your admins.

Not too sure about the thumbnail attachments either - try lowering the setting to recount.
(2009-04-29, 03:51 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Strange. Try /images/smilies/, the path needs to be relative to the folder. I can't remember what the right one is for it now...

The image issues might be your host - I know it's not the best host to be on but it wouldn't be MyBB's problem. The images are obviously there in the folders...

The site backups were changed in 1.4.5. There was a small chance it could be brute forced and downloaded by someone other than you or your admins.

Not too sure about the thumbnail attachments either - try lowering the setting to recount.
I agree Tom, about the issue is not MY BB's !

I dont have any admins, but the brute forced??? maybe it was settings i had changed and left, and it is automatically using the last settings i had used to back up , perhaps? or did u mean something different?
I do have a few real developer savy guys on my site for technical controls software.
the thumbnail attachments was set at 20, ???
i will lower it?

I will make the path to the images , what you mentioned , in case. its not there.
the theme is set to /images

as for the quotes, what am i missing? why are they appearing like that mentioned?

and thanks again Tom.

but that still doenst mean the task manager, will work on its own.
it stops and i have to click on the clocks.

still nothing with the smilies
LOL, the images are there, and the host says its not there problem, Big Grin

it figures

i am going to get a new host.
The quotes seem to be a missing variable somewhere. Uploading 1.4.5 files should cure the problem - it hasn't been reported before so (don't take this personally!) it must be something you have/haven't done.

Not sure about the images - which images aren't displaying?

The task manager will only run if your site is active. It will work on it's own if people are visiting your site and browsing the forums. For all other cases, you should click the clocks.

When I add smilies, I type in "/images/" then the path to the smiley folder you're trying to add. As an example: /images/my_theme/smilies/
oh i see with the images,, path as using the theme as a directory, hmmm? will try that next...

the attachment rebuild still doesnt work. it only has 20 .

its always been this way. it worked a couple times then stopped again. same with the task mgr.

the quotes have a file somewhere dont they, wheres the file if i may ask a dumb question , so i can reload it again. and see if that fixes it..

I recently changed hosts. and will work to get the images back on , after i get things back up again.

took your advice. thanks and appreciate it.
Quotes are done alongside MyCode - it's in ./inc/class_parser.php.

If you're changing hosts, then I recommend uploading a brand new 1.4.5 package instead of transferring your files - just upload your ./inc/config.php file and import the database. Log straight into the AdminCP, create a new default theme with the default templates, and force it on all users.

This essentially makes your forum "brand new" but with all your original users, posts, threads etc., which hopefully will lead to less problems. Yeah, you'll have to redo your themes and plugins, but it might be worth it at the end of the day. The task manager is an important aspect - especially if it's "stopped working"...
Pages: 1 2