MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: global.lang.php does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB. I tried going to the main page and I'm getting this:

/home/[username]/public_html/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist

So I tried going to admin and I got this:

Your forum does not contain an Administration set. Please reupload the english language administration pack.

I've tried reuploading my language files and I can't think of anything else I could do to fix it.

I've attached images of the files it says are missing shown in my FTP client. In the admin one it shows I am in the languages/english/admin directory.
Do you upload the global.lang.php file in the .inc/languages/english folder ??
Yes I did.
What's ./inc/languages/, ./inc/languages/english/, and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ CHMOD to??
Same problem, everything is uploaded as it says to be in the install guide, any idea what else could cause this problem?
Can you answer the question above...??
I'm having a similar problem. The error message is

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist

ls -l on the above file returns:

[root@lin1 htdocs]# ls -l /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 16466 2010-07-08 10:21 /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

So it should be readable by anyone. Also, everything right up the directory tree is readable by all.

EDIT: I have it working now. The installation instructions page should be updated from:

./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

To:

./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)
And make sure that only the files are chmod'ed, and that the directories are left in mode 755.
Files are 644 and folders should be 755. Double check.
I had the same problem. Fixed now "CHMOD 777" to the following:

./inc/languages/, ./inc/languages/english/, and ./inc/languages/english/admin/
(2010-07-08, 09:57 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Files are 644 and folders should be 755. Double check.

Languages can be 777 if you want to edit them within the ACP but I never do that Toungue