MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to restore/upload a database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OKay my host went down today and i have a saved database download on my documents how do i upload it to my forum?
You need to upload it via phpMyAdmin. Create a new database if you need to, import the backup to it, and edit ./inc/config.php to point to the database if any of the details have changed.
Can you give me a full tutorial please im not soo good with this stuff lol
Go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, click the Import tab along the top, browser for the file, and upload it, don't refresh the page as it loads.
(2009-04-29, 05:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, click the Import tab along the top, browser for the file, and upload it, don't refresh the page as it loads.

So i done that and i have added a new user and okk ive done it xx
should be working
And if any of the database details have changed you'll need to edit ./inc/config.php to reflect that.
matt bro is there not any mod which can restore database like phpbb forum from admin cp its will be much better
If you haven't got a database, how would the ACP work??
(2009-05-10, 09:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you haven't got a database, how would the ACP work??
uhu i dnt mean it bro in phpbb forum after setup forum i can restore old database from admin cp i ask u is there any mod or any tools which can restore datbase backup from acp after setup mybb
No, not that I know of.
Pages: 1 2