MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warnings showing up after upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so after I upgraded to 1.4.5, these warnings started showing up at the top of the forums.

[Image: warnings.jpg]

The only change made I can think of which has a chance at altering MyBB's behavior before and after the upgrade is the installation of the Game Section.

Anyone have similar experiences? Are these warnings safe to ignore? If so, how can I turn them off so I won't see them?
Does you modify the mybb's any file header ??

Is this thread helpful for you ??

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42815.html
ghazal, can you please stop linking to that thread unless it is actually needed, the error here is nothing to do with that thread in any way at all.

Have you edited index.php in notepad?? If you havem reupload a fresh copy, and if you edit files, use wordpad, notepad2 or notepad++ instead.
(2009-04-30, 07:16 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you edited index.php in notepad?? If you havem reupload a fresh copy, and if you edit files, use wordpad, notepad2 or notepad++ instead.

Well... I did put in this one extra line in index.php, but that was just to include an additional php file, something related to Flashchat functionality.

I used Notepad++ for editing php files. Yeah I'm leaning towards a reupload of the the forum files. Since I'm already upgraded to that version, it'll just be overwriting stuff with their untouched versions.
(2009-04-30, 06:52 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Does you modify the mybb's any file header ??

That's what I say in the post
Most times when people have this they haven't even modified anything, just saved a file in notepad and uploaded it, causing a problem. And the link you gave has no relevance to this.

@mix., yeah, see what just reuploading index.php does.
In Notepad++, open the file and then go to the "Format" menu at the top. Select "Convert to UTF-8". Save it, and then reupload. This should be the format you need to use. It causes problems, because some other formats will add wierd characters before the <?php tag of the file, meaning that headers have already been sent before outputting code (which is where the error comes from).

If you open files in Wordpad, you might notice these funny characters (especially next to the copyright symbol in the header).

Just an FYI incase reuploading the index file doesn't work...
(2009-04-30, 07:49 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Most times when people have this they haven't even modified anything, just saved a file in notepad and uploaded it, causing a problem.

Thanks Matt for info Smile
After reuploading, I had to edit my files again for some of the customizations at my forum, and Tomm's advice worked.
(2009-04-30, 08:20 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]In Notepad++, open the file and then go to the "Format" menu at the top. Select "Convert to UTF-8". Save it, and then reupload. This should be the format you need to use. It causes problems, because some other formats will add wierd characters before the <?php tag of the file, meaning that headers have already been sent before outputting code (which is where the error comes from).