MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Hosting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm really interested in this.
Labrocca...you obviously put a lot of thought in this already.
Sure there are risks, but isn't that true with any venture we partake in?
Just reading your posts, you feel strongly about doing this, and from what I know about you, you would be good at it.
The MyBB Central subscription, other perks you can throw in there, and the reputation you already have will get the 20-40 members very easily, I think.
My advice would be to start small. After some time, if you feel you can handle more, then take on more...if you feel you can't then don't. You'll never know if it's something you should do until you actually attempt it.

Best of luck to you with whatever your decision is.
Quote:My advice would be to start small.

I agree and that's why I would cap my signups initially then wait 60 days or so to reopen it. Any hosting offer would be for a limited exclusive group which imho would be even more attractive.

I think I could handle 25 easy, 50 so-so, and then feel swamped around 100. hehe...if I can break 100 then I can considering outsourcing some of the work or taking on a partner. I know a lot of people in the industry and know of some great deals.

Thanks Gordie for your kind words.
You're getting a lifetime DA license? That would be wiser than getting a monthly one since you're using your own server.

However, you might want to consider acquiring your DirectAdmin monthly license together with a dedicated server/vps through a hosting provider (do note that the server and the license has to go together as it is against DA's TOS to sell the license itself) instead of using your own server since license costs would be greatly reduced?
I already own a couple DA lifetime licenses. I have for years now. Smile

I have my own servers and have always hosted a few clients along with my own sites. I have never gone ahead and created a hosting site offering it to the public. I am very familiar with hosting though and what is required. I won't rely on a managed server and a reseller package as many startups that fail. I run my own servers, manage it myself, and rely on nobody.
I am so against free myBB hosting, because you can not control your forum fully!

And its sooo easy to setup yourself!
I use a host called sqweebs and I have installed 4 forums on it for people I know and don't!
(2009-05-04, 06:41 AM)jacobmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]I am so against free myBB hosting, because you can not control your forum fully!

I use a host called sqweebs and I have installed 4 forums on it for people I know and don't!

I don't see any part of this post that has anything to do with any part of this thread.
Stop picking on me! I am trying to state my point and all I get is; Jacob that was irelivent! or Jacob Please stop posting posts!
This forum is for posting on isn't it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Stop
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but your response was completely irrelevant the post NetSage posted (and you spelled irrelevant wrong too..)
You might want to state your opinion when it's on topic..?
Labrocca's hosting is paid, btw.

On Topic: Could you give subdomain, email, etc. stats?
(2009-05-04, 06:41 AM)jacobmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]I am so against free myBB hosting, because you can not control your forum fully!

Please stay on topic. This isn't your thread or a discussion about free hosting. Posting without relevence is rude.
Pages: 1 2 3 4