MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reported posts not received by Super Mods or Admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Mybb v1.4.5 (happened in 1.4.4 as well)

The bug: Whenever a user reports a post, it is only sent to users explicitly added as moderators of the forum it was made in.
So, super moderators or administrators who are NOT set as 'moderators' in the respective forum from the forum management of the Admin CP will not receive any reports.

How to replicate: Add a member in the super moderator user group or the administrator user group and report a post in any forum. Neither will receive it.

P.S. I understand this behavior for Admins might be intentional, but it should not be the case for Super Mods or Mods (who are not added as mods in a forum but are set only in the usergroup).

Maybe a possible fix would be a checkbox in the usergroup's permissions which would be a check/uncheck for 'receive reported posts'

Thanks for your time Smile
Seems to work just fine here... Confused You sure {$unreadreports} is in your header template...??
I'm guessing that this is the "Reported Posts Medium" in the General Configuration settings being set to "Sent via Email"?

As far as I'm aware, it's intentional. Emails are only sent to the super-moderators or admins if there isn't a moderator for the forum the reported post is in. If the setting is changed to "Stored in the Database", as is recommended, then a notice appears at the top of the forum.
Indeed it is set to 'Sent via Email'
I still don't see why it is not sent to Super Mods even when there are Moderators set in the forum. Since Super Mods are like global moderators,shouldn't they get all reports from all forums, like they were set as Moderators in all forums of the board?

Anyway I might give a try at the other option 'Stored in the Database'...
Thanks for the feedback