MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleted "Ad After First Post" Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per protocole's request, I have deleted my thread about adding an ad after the first post on a forum.

I sincerely apologize for using protocole's <if> tag in the mod. I was unaware that the <if> tag code was something protocole wrote in one of themes.

Yes, I did have the vbulletin theme installed when I tried out my mod, so I honestly thought that the <if> tags could be used on any board automatically.

Again, I apologize and I will do better research before making more mods.

Thanks for your time!
I think protocole would've been fine with it had you acknowledged the <if> tags came from his theme. I do think he overreacted being that he himself used copyrighted images from Jelsoft in his vBulletin look-alike theme.

I agree with IMPAQ. He did overreact IMHO. It would have got more people using his theme. Or at least he could release a mod that gives this functionality to all themes and then people could point people in the direction of his mod if they needed to use the IF.
He removed the theme, so... guess we'll never know. All I know is... I have it saved to my HD and installed on quite a few of my sites and will install it on other sites I may be working on in the near future. Undecided

That was a childlike move of him and for him to blame me for it is complete nonsense. I was just pointing out the hyprocrisy exhibited. And even furthermore, if he had read the post where kodaks originally posted his "mod" that utilized the <if> tags, I apologized for my comments and agreed with him that kodaks should've referenced the theme.

But moment over... maybe myBB could just have the conditionals built in. Major players have conditionals. myBB should as well.