MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Solve this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My mate told me this great riddle and I thought I should share it with you. I want to see if you guys can solve it and no this is not from Professor Layton but you could say its similar. Puzzles like these are a great past time

Anyway's here it is

A farmer in the UK owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 32 branches. Each branch has exactly 16 boughs and each bough has exactly 8 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?
Pear trees don't produce plums. :d
None.
4096 Smile
4096 invisible plums
Lets see what the answer is !!
(2009-04-30, 05:33 PM)farleyq Wrote: [ -> ]Pear trees don't produce plums. :d

(2009-04-30, 05:53 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]None.

Correct! As what farleyq said Pear trees dont produce plums.

Try this one on for size

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?
Startling
starting
staring
string
sting
sing
sin
in
I
(2009-04-30, 07:25 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]Startling
starting
staring