MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: having trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I pay for server space. I have uploaded all the files to my forum folder and go to my web browser and type in my address /forums/install as per the instructions. all i get is the page cannot be found. any suggestions?
Welcome to MyBB!
Could you please PM me the URL to your board?
ok i will
Thanks for the PM. Are you sure you have uploaded all of the files? I would suggest re-downloading the zip file and then re-uploading all the MyBB files to your site.

Let me know if that works! Smile
Well I can see the files on the server...I will try to upload again
no luck...I uploaded everything again and its still the same thing
I try with an FTP program and it fails to connect. I had to upload using windows explorer. I cannot change chmod settings. Kodaks thinks its a CHMOD error. Does anyone else have any ideas?
just make sure you've uploaded the files into the right level...I believe apache-servers have the websites and published pages under a directory htdocs while Window$-servers running IIS have it under InetPub.....and I've seen wwwroot somewhere as well...
well in any case it should be something like:

/htdocs/forums/
/wwwroot/forums/
/inetpub/forums/

where you have the files/directories uploaded...

the chmod should be correctly on the files by default...but if it's not start from the file you try to read (forums/install/index.php I think) and make sure it's at least 755

oh and make sure your host actually does support php and you have already created the mysql-database (although not having database doesn't crash the installation this early)

cheers,
Kimmo
I did get a FTP program working. I notoced that when I pull up a directory it shows /myusername/forums. I have never used my username as a directory but the ftp shows it.I also tried mysite.com/myusername/forums/ but i get the same thing.
heloo there,

please can u provide us here, and without PMs your site along with ur hosting company site !!.

umm regarding the ftp thing !!
why u just dont upload ur forum again as ursite.com/forum !!

many regards
Pages: 1 2