MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error (40) due to accidental re-upload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was trying to add a gallery to my web from adobe and to ensure I got all the files uploaded I took the lazy way and reuploaded all of the site...in the process i seem to have killed my boards and i don't want to delete the install directory without some sort of confirmation that that is indeed what i need to do.

the error:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

My boards ARE installed...I jsut screwed them up. is it possible to upgrade from this point or do i need to reinstall first? also, i (you're gonna love this) don't have a very current backup...what are the chances....

sigh.

Thanks for any help...
Lazy Saver,
Tzan
You need to remake your inc/config.php. You can find an example at [wiki]inc/config.php[/wiki]. Alternatively if you don't have much on your board you can rerun the installer which will recreate the config for you, but you will lose everything in the existing MyBB up to this point.
ty i will try that...i have too much on there to lose. Sad
i don't know what table prefix or encoding to enter.
where can i look for this info?

thank you again.
when i try add my info to the config file, all that happens is my info (including PW) are posted on teh page. not sure what i'm missing...
is there any way to run the installer and NOT lose my board info to date?
is deleting the install dir an option?

thanks to any who reply, your help is appreciated.
got it Smile