MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unable to backup database crazy error..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I log into my admin account and go to the perform backup tab, 1) i am constantly prompted to log back in and 2) i have the following at the top of my boards:

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/11/d247828661/htdocs/forums/inc/config.php:89) - Line: 46 - File: admin/index.php PHP 4.4.9 (Linux)

I'm running 1.4 (1400) and would like to upgrade.

on the SYSTEM HEALTH panel, these are the errors:

[PHP] errorhandler->error
/admin/index.php 46 header
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/11/d247828661/htdocs/forums/inc/config.php:89) - Line: 1517 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 4.4.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorhandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1517 header
/admin/index.php 96 my_setcookie

i cannot even log in to perform a backup.

any suggestions?
Thanks!
It seems that when you edited your config.php from your other thread you didn't do it quite right. Try it again, and don't save it in notepad, if you did before.

[wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]
i used dreamweaver...i'll try again, thanks.
ok...so i don't do the same thing again, this is the only information I need to modify, correct?

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'mysql-username';
$config['database']['password'] = 'mysql-password';
$config['database']['database'] = 'database-name';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

is there something else i need to alter? if so, that is the problem...
bump...
Well it's saying something is wrong with line 89 so there's probably something wrong with the end of the file, make sure you have all of it. make sure you copy all of the code from the Wiki page and just edit the database details in.
line 89 is blank. I didn't alter any part of the file other than what I posted above and I copy-pasted the entire file as it is on the link provided.

here are lines 78-87:

$config['log_pruning'] = array(
'admin_logs' => 365, // Administrator logs
'mod_logs' => 365, // Moderator logs
'task_logs' => 30, // Scheduled task logs
'mail_logs' => 180, // Mail error logs
'user_mail_logs' => 180, // User mail logs
'promotion_logs' => 180 // Promotion logs
);

?>
Have you considered reseting the file?! You could just upload it again and edit it then, You could have accidentally edited something that is needed!?
What editor are you using?? Copy and paste the code again, use wordpad, notepad2 or notepad++, put in your details, and upload it.

First time someone's had an issue using the config.php on the Wiki... Undecided
I recommend Notepad++
i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong...i copied the code directly from the linked page and pasted into dreamweaver using the code section (not design). the only parts of the config file that i altered are the ones i listed above. there is no line 89; should there be?

the problems I'm still having are that i cannot back up my database (would like to upgrade!) and some users are unable to log in.

thanks again for any suggestions...
Pages: 1 2