MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DDoS Attack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently banned a member for spamming/advertising and then my server goes down for 3 minutes after he says 'he can use a program,' to do this.

Well, that's nothing if he's using some program, right? Maybe not, since for a good three minutes nothing would load.

How do I prevent this/report it. I have all IP's and emails.

http://www.halochiefs.net

I also got the too many connections error towards the end.
Not really anything we can do about it Undecided You'll need to contact your host if you think you're being attacked....
If he was dumb enough not to hide his IP, contact your host and tell them to blacklist the IP on their firewall.
Thanks, and I realize this isn't MyBB related, but you guys are so smart so.. Toungue

Contacting host.
If you are using a host that has cPanel you can block the IPs youself using cPanel. Nothing the MyBB group can do with any type of DOS attack, and there are many types.

As a side note, maybe off topic, I use an old modified version of Apache Guardian on the org site I maintain. I get an instant email when someone tries to hack or flood the site. I have seen many attempts to "crack" MyBB but nobody had done it yet. I have many IPs blocked at the moment.