MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The ZPanel Free Hosting Control Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

as most of you will know what The ZPanel is but for those who dont The ZPanel is a Free Windows Hosting Control Panel for server admins to host clients and websites.

Started in 2004 up until 2007 ZPanel was a version 2.5 and not very functional or usable in a production enviroment and the original dev's dropped it for another project.

Back in february 2008 i took over the project as many thought and still do think that The ZPanel is dead but i can safely say it is not and it is developing nicely and is now stable and very usable for production enviroments and features all the basics domain creation, ftp, email, backup, mysql etc.

We have released Version 3.0 back on february and have recenly released version 3.0.4 which is an upgrade implementing more features in to the panel

Anyone wanting to take a look at the new ZPanel can feel free by visiting the new homepage located at http://www.thezpanel.liquid-network.net/home/ feel free to download and post your feedback on our forums as it will help development.

Thanks alot

Chris.
I saw ZPanel for the first time yesterday and it looks awesome.
Very nice, i like it.
Your website needs more stuff! Jeez, I can't get a demo or see screenshots without downloading it. LAME.
Hi There

we are in process of setting up new demo and getting screenshots up after the server move. The site is integrated with mybb and all pages kept the same restrictions during integration but i will be editing the security to unrestrict these pages.
Good.. I don't wanna join and then not be active. that's dumb.
OK, dumb question but I can't find it on the website.

Does it work on a Centos 5 distro with Qmail MTA ?
Hi here

It used to run under linux with the old v2.5 but it is now Windows only control panel that integrates with xampp web server.

The reason for being windows only is due to the amount of people being unfamiliar with linux etc so we decided to create it for a platform everyone knows for ease of use and user friendlyness
Windows is good, but many people who run websites who might want to use this script use Linux. By making it Windows only, I think you have lost alot of potential customers.
that is possible yes but who knows maybe in the future there maybe another linux ver. We are focusing on one thing at a time for now tho.

I will have a chat with the other dev tomorrow and see what our long term plans are. I suppose when weve got what we want the windows panel to have in it i cant see why we couldnt start a linux version.

I'll keep you updated.
Pages: 1 2