MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Read Instead of Cookie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I am trying to find out something with now much Lucky.

I have recently converted to MyBB as I am fed up with the high cost of, well you can guess I won't mention the board name.

Anyway in my old forum software I was able to select database mark read, which meant that the forum would access the database to see which posts had been read and display them to users instead of the cookie version which does not always work well.

Basically I am looking for a better way for new posts to show for users than the current cookie system that is in place now. Is there such an option for mybb? I have used mybb before but it's really frustrating when the board tells you that you have read threads and posts when you haven't. Hope you can understand my mumblings.

maxxxi
Realistically speaking, it's a limitation of MyBB. See this bug report for the discussion on this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40284.html
If i remember correctly, MyBB uses cookies for guests, and database for registered users, to track read status. There is no option to configure the behaviour.
This has to be a bug or something on your board has not been configured right?!
(2009-05-04, 09:23 AM)jacobmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]This has to be a bug or something on your board has not been configured right?!

Can you please stop posting such generic posts (that are often irrelevant to the topic)?
Sorry?! bug dude!?

This was not irrelevant
It isn't? Can you throw some light on how your post helps the topic author to sort out his/her problem?
Sorry, for my post!