MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stalled on Database Config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Everything was going smoothly during the install until I clicked on "Next" after entering Database Config details - instead of accessing the database to start my table creation I just got a blank browser screen.

The database username/password etc been double checked and same result each time. Any ideas?
What's your PHP and MySQL version??
(2009-05-03, 10:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's your PHP and MySQL version??

Hi Matt,

PHP - 4.4.9
My SQL - 4.0.14
I think it's that then, I know the requirements page on the Wiki says that those should be fine, but they're both quite old versions and many people have had the same problem as you're having here with versions similar to yours. You should really ask your host to upgrade to PHP5 and MySQL 5.
(2009-05-03, 10:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's that then, I know the requirements page on the Wiki says that those should be fine, but they're both quite old versions and many people have had the same problem as you're having here with versions similar to yours. You should really ask your host to upgrade to PHP5 and MySQL 5.

Thanks Matt, will do
My SQL - 4.0.14

That's the problem. I have reported bugs about that for 1.4.4...have you tried 1.4.6 which was recently released? I just want to make sure they actually fixed the bug properly.
Thanks, upgraded to PHP 5 and MySQL 5 and worked a treat!