MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please change "px" to % on posting pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know about anyone else, but this box I'm typing in right now seems awefully narrow and constricting. It's mostly because I use widescreen and most other people do too. When I got on my imac G3, it took me 10 minutes to check it, but it did look right at that 800X600 or whatever resolution. I changed it from 70 to 100 on my site and it's much better on my site, but I didn't do pm's or the other 15 themes I have. I suggest and hope this can be changed to % instead so it fits all screens.
You can make that alteration yourself in the css.
No offense, but I think that the box should expand according to resolution instead of a fixed px.
(2009-05-04, 06:36 AM)Fox Factor Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but I think that the box should expand according to resolution instead of a fixed px.

Duly noted, but is there something stopping you from changing it yourself? Here at MyBB, we like to provide the tools to you to be able to do what you want, not do it for you.
(2009-05-04, 04:40 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-04, 06:36 AM)Fox Factor Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but I think that the box should expand according to resolution instead of a fixed px.

Duly noted, but is there something stopping you from changing it yourself? Here at MyBB, we like to provide the tools to you to be able to do what you want, not do it for you.

Yes Ryan. First of all thanks for answering. Second of all, I changed it so it looks good or at least acceptable to me and on my Linux machine with 1024x768 it stretched. On my G3 Mac it's even worse. Other boards (no I'm not starting a fight) use % instead so it stretches or contracts according to the resolution being used so it just fits. Is there a reason why we don't do this?
(2009-05-06, 05:02 AM)Fox Factor Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason why we don't do this?

Keep in mind that the coding standards for MyBB are several years old and as such, they aren't the-latest-and-greatest.