MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I just activated the Username Colors plugin on my forum and the sql queries went up from 33 to 121 and memory went from 5.5 mb to 6 mb by just 1 plugin.

I'm probably going to get blasted for this, but phpBB had the same issue and solved it. I was thinking it was through query caching but it wasn't.

I'd like to see usernames being colored by usergroup among the entire board because it helps me just by looking at the board to see what's new instead of searching for it.

Would that be useful or not?
Ehh.. the point of them being non-colored is mainly so that they look good, I think. It is easier to locate specific usergroups, yeah, but it looks kind of crappy IMHO.
You can already change the user name colors
MyBB uses caching to a good extent - it's carefully built so that it doesn't use too much memory.

The problem you're having is with a specific plugin - obviously if it introduces new queries it needs to be processed longer, and increase memory usage. It's up to plugin developers to make sure their plugins are effective...