MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quran Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-05-06, 06:23 PM)Abu Sabah Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. I am satisfied that the translation that goes with this plugin contains the correct number of verses.
There are different counts on the number of verses because some count the bismala and some don't.

If you'd notice in any Quran, the intro "Bismallah, etc." is verse 1 in the Fatiha only. Hence, your first db should have been correct theoretically.
I think both were fine in their counts but I noticed a lot of errors in the verses of the first database, including missing words and that question mark that MS Word adds when it encounters a strange character.
thanks, this mods very usefullBig Grin
(2009-05-06, 06:48 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-06, 06:23 PM)Abu Sabah Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. I am satisfied that the translation that goes with this plugin contains the correct number of verses.
There are different counts on the number of verses because some count the bismala and some don't.

If you'd notice in any Quran, the intro "Bismallah, etc." is verse 1 in the Fatiha only. Hence, your first db should have been correct theoretically.

Thanks for your support also Imad
Dear All,

I try to translate information from my language Indonesia into English from local sites Smile

Actually, nothing wrong with number of verses. Abu Sabah and Ghazal both are correct.
And all person here are correct. Why?

a. Basmalah with count number := only 1, is in Al Faatihah [QS 1:1].
b. Basmallah without count number:= 112 surah.
c. Surah does not have Basmallah := surah At Taubah.
From point a,b,c above totally = still 114 surah

Number of ayat from surah At Taubah [QS 9] := 129 ayat.
Number of ayat from surah ‘Abasa [QS 80] := 42 ayat.
Number of surah Al Qur’an without counting number of Basmallah := 2 surah (Al Faatihah & At Taubah)

Number of surah Al Qur’an := 114 surah.
Surah without Basmallah := 6236 verses.
Ayat with Basmallah := 6348 verses came from (6236 + 112 = 6348)
And the others state there is 6666 verses ( I try to find source of this).
All numbers above both are CORRECT!! nothing is missing in Al Quran.
The different count came from How to count verses.
Some people count 2 verses into 1 verse. So on, another people count 1 verse into 2 verses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayah
Why is different?

Quote:It was long ago, Muhammad SAW (pbuh) sometimes stop reading and take a breath. At that time there are asumption for some people when Muhammad SAW (pbuh) take a breath, at that time ayat (verse) stop and finish. Meanwhile the others asumption state Muhammad SAW (pbuh) it just stop to take a breath and does not mean stop of verse (count).

And un-luckily Muhammad SAW (pbuh) didnt explain why he stopped and take a breath. Also didnt explain about the number of ayah (verses) or stopping reading Al Quran because the verse is long and he need to take a breath sometime.

This counting different its normal. Same like the different of mushaf pages number by different version of printing company for printing Al Quran. There is mushfah with thin and less pages, the others mushfah with thick and many pages are printed.

If we read all Quran lafadz, all are same!! nothing different, and nothing is missing Smile
And We're knew if Basmallah in every surah has same mean is "In (or with) the name of Allah, the Gracious @ Beneficent, the Merciful".
The important point is Al Quran, it will never missing. Once everybody read and remember, it will found if there is one ayah (verse) is missing, even in any country around the world! The Amazing Quran until the end of the world Smile

So, the authors of this mod are correct, everybody correct too..
We talk about MySQL database, it would be better to optimized in to less number of table.
And in this case is 6236 (not 6348 nor 6666) and Abu Sabah built his mod with 6219 base of Yusuf Ali English translation.. http://www.harunyahya.com/Quran_translat..._index.php
So, let me installing in my forum. And at later time, my forum member will found if any missing verses. I hope not Smile

In the next future, I will find another translate for this mod. Maybe in Indonesia. So, I am not expert in Islam knowledge, so let me ask to my forum member's in Indonesia.

Thank You very very much for this amazing mod...
Wallahu a'lam bishshawab, wassalamu 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

this attachment explain 112 surah without basmallah
Jazak Allah Khair FBI,

I just submitted a modified version of this plugin, turn around for approval has been around 24hours in my experience so check this time tomorrow. There is one fix and one new feature in the release.
thanks abu subah i like it
Great Plugin and I read your discussion , I guess all databases are right . Gzakom Allahu khairan
Some think that Bismillah is Ayah 1 of all Surah(except 9) and some not. I think it is.

I made a modified version of the language pack which adds Bismillah as the first Ayah of all chapters except 9.

Download here:
[attachment=18115]

Instructions:
You need to have the Quran Code plugin on your forum.
Upload the contents to your forum's dir.
Make english1 as default in Quran Code sttings in ACP3

Wassalam
Jazakallah Abu Sabah it was a very awesome effort indeed!. However, the issue of counting Bismillah should also be resolved soon so that there would be no room any confusion.
Pages: 1 2 3