MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quran Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would like to inform everyone about a plugin I wrote called Quran Code that can be downloaded from: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/quran-code.

The plugin allows your users to add an ayah (verse) of Quran to their posts using simple BBCode.

Example: [quran]1:1[/quran] outputs "In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful".

Keep in mind that this plugin adds a new table to your database that contains 6,219 records.

Any questions, complaints or suggestions are welcome. I hope some find it useful.
Assalam-o-Alaikum
It is really really and Absolutely magnificent specially for Muslims,
A Great Achievment

But only one question I have to ask...
(2009-05-04, 09:34 AM)Abu Sabah Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that this plugin adds a new table to your database that contains 6,219 records.
As I and You know that Quranic Ayah's are 6666 ... But why it is adding 6219 records ??

Jazak Allah
Wassalam,
-ghazal
Wa Alaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

To tell the truth, I'm not sure. I got the sql from qurandownloads.com and didn't really give it a serious look for any errors. I'll take a look at it and see where the trouble is or if you have the quran in sql format that you trust please share it with me.
Barak Allah Feeq

qurandatabase.org is a nice site masha Allah, thanks for letting me know about it.

I used it to download the Shakir translation again and found the number of verses to be the same as the one I already used. Feeling there may be a mistake, I downloaded the Yusuf Ali translation and found that it had 6,236 verses. So I did a search and found some Web sites saying 6,666 but I also found some saying 6,236 and the convincing one was
http://www.islam101.com/dawah/QuranStats.htm

Thank you for your help. I will be uploading the plugin with the new database in a few mins Insha Allah.
I know for a long time that their are 6666 verses actually, But I will again look at qura n Insha Allah as to count the verses again...
Yes it is ... But as I said that it is contradict between most of the sites...
This should be proven through Holy Quran once again so as to ansure the correct count of verses ...
I am sure as hell you are wrong about 6666.
Alright. I am satisfied that the translation that goes with this plugin contains the correct number of verses.
There are different counts on the number of verses because some count the bismala and some don't.
Pages: 1 2 3