MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF1->MyBB Groups without Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

just noticed another odd thing with me trying to convert my forum from SMF1 to MyBB: The Merge created all SMF Groups without error, but did not put any member into it. Is this intentional or a bug? Atm I would consider both possible, as having to finetune the forum after a merge is a usual process, so dont get me wrong, just asking what to expect and what not.

Also I noticed I had to redo all forum permissions as the migrated forums had set the permissions for all forums to everyone read, even guests without any user logged in.
This is easily fixable from my part, but I would suggest that you go the other way and disallow everyone read access to everything until an admin had a change to look over the forum. Right now, everything is accessable the moment the merging is finished. Still the evil bot would need to know the url to the site, but I guess that would be something easily changed by you to save us upgraders any headaches.