MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different sort of Login error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've been looking around for a solution to this issue, but all of the issues to do with logging in before seem to be related to cookies.

The problem on my forum is that for some reason, some people can't log in. There's no explanation as to why, other than when someone tries to log in, it gives an error message with no text.
It's just a bullet point...

I've had about 30-40 emails related to this issue, so I know that it's happening a lot, but to be honest, I have no idea what's causing it...

My friend thinks it may be to do with the number of incorrect log in attempts or something not counting down, but after removing that feature entirely, there's still no change.

My board is http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/
We started experiencing some issues after a system upgrade, I can't remember which one however.
To be honest, it'll be hard for you to purposefully get the error to appear I think, so good luck if you do try...

Any ideas?

edit: also, totally unrelated to this issue, for some reason members are able to see the Mod CP but can't access it... Why?
What version are you running?? Sounds like you have a bug that was in <= 1.4.4

And how have you 'disabled' login attempts?? Confused
Ah, we are currently running 1.4.4 - I'll get right on that.
Also, I disabled the "Number of times to allow failed logins" feature by setting it to 0.
(2009-05-04, 01:04 PM)tsrdazz Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, we are currently running 1.4.4 - I'll get right on that.

Yeah, it sounds like you're having the issue where there was meant to be a CAPTCHA image to enter but there was nothing there, it was fixed in 1.4.5.

(2009-05-04, 01:04 PM)tsrdazz Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I disabled the "Number of times to allow failed logins" feature by setting it to 0.

Ah OK, I was worried you'd deleted a column from the database to do with login attempts like some people did, which wasn't good Toungue
Thanks!
So now while I get on with upgrading this (now backing up) - What about the mod CP issue?
So it shows in the welcomeblock even if they're not Mods?? Have you added a link to it to the header/header_welcomeblock_member template??
There is a link to it in there, but whenever I remove it, it disappears for admins and mods as well...
Would it help if you upgraded to 1.4.6?
I've now upgraded to 1.4.6 - The link is still there.
The login issue is no longer there though, so that's good! Big Grin Thanks
Make sure the header_welcomeblock_member_moderator template has a link to the moderator CP in it.

In the header_welcomeblock_member template, there should be {$modcplink}, and not a link to it. If there is a direct link to it, remove the link, and replace it with {$modcplink}.
Pages: 1 2