MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a new user register i want to edit the account preferences for example it says 'show email to other users' i want to always make that ticked, then remove the account preferences from the registration page so they cant be edited.

anyone know how to do this?
From member_register and usercp_options, find and remove this (may not be exactly the same in both but it's very similar):

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->hide_email}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Replace with this:

<input type="hidden" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="0" />

Then do a similar thing for all the other settings - 1 is on, 0 is off.
(2009-05-05, 09:29 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]From member_register and usercp_options, find and remove this (may not be exactly the same in both but it's very similar):

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->hide_email}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Replace with this:

<input type="hidden" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="0" />

Then do a similar thing for all the other settings - 1 is on, 0 is off.

wheres this?
In the ACP, member_register and usercp_options are templates.
wait wait my bad.
i want it so their email is always hidden from users. and also so they cant change it on the registration... etc
and also so they cant hide from the online list
It's pretty much the same as the first post, just with different chunks of code to remove, and different things to put into the hidden input field.

I think I may try and make this as a plugin, a lot of people have requested this... this plugin enables you to set the defaults on the registration page, but they can still change them there and in the UserCP... I may make a plugin to take care of all the template edits people need to do to stop people changing it again.
is this right they would be value: (1=on 0=off)

(i want them to) always show online: 1?
(i want them to) hide email from users: 0?
(i want them to) receive emails from administrators: 1?
The online one needs to be 0 because it's whether they're invisible or not, so it needs to be off. Hide email should be 0 if you want their emails always visible, and receive emails from admins should be 1, yes.