MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving the smiliebox under the editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
New here, so not quite sure of the protocols.
Have done a full search with various criteria, none found the answer.

Question:
How would I attempt to move the smiliebox to underneath the editor please?
Which template would I butcher?
I am trying to combine both MyBB 1.4 and Joomla 1.5, all works amazingly but I am trying to tidy some layout issues.

I am php savvy, have seven vBulletin sites (well, own three and administer four) so understand templating quite well.

p.s. I must have been going around blindfolded for eight years, not having found MyBB before now, totally stunned at the simplicity of the installation and the fact that it imported my vB 3.7.3 forum database faultlessly and with so much ease. Will quite probably convert more than one of my other sites to MyBB.
Make sure to select "Default Templates"

Expand "New Reply Templates"

Select "newreply"

Paste this into it the text area and press save:
<html><head><title>{$lang->post_reply_to}</title>{$headerinclude}<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script></head><body>{$header}{$preview}{$maximageserror}{$attacherror}{$reply_errors}<form action="newreply.php?tid={$tid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input"><input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" /><table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder"><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->post_new_reply}</strong></td></tr><tr><td class="tcat" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->reply_to}</strong></span></td></tr>{$loginbox}<tr><td class="trow2" width="20%"><strong>{$lang->post_subject}</strong></td><td class="trow2"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td></tr>{$posticons}<tr><td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong><br /></td><td class="trow2"><textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea><br /><div style="valign: left;"{$smilieinserter}</div>{$codebuttons}{$multiquote_external}</td></tr><tr><td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td><td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext"><label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>{$disablesmilies}</span></td></tr>{$modoptions}{$subscriptionmethod}{$captcha}</table>{$attachbox}<br /><div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_reply}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" />{$savedraftbutton}</div><input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newreply" /><input type="hidden" name="replyto" value="{$replyto}" /><input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" /><input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="quoted_ids" value="{$quoted_ids}" /><input type="hidden" name="tid" value="{$tid}" />{$editdraftpid}</form>{$forumrules}{$threadreview}{$footer}</body></html>
thats great, works a treat.
Thankyou
Could someone post a screenshot? I'd like to see.