MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what are sql queries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Generated in 0.0875010 seconds (73.35% PHP / 26.65% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 14 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0459640 / Memory Usage: 4 MB
PHP version: 5.2.9 / Server Load: 0.59 / GZip Compression: Enabled

am i supposed to do something with them?
how do i know wht they are
Queries are what select, write, delete etc etc stuff to/from the database, basically the 'bridge' between the files and the database.

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

That's a query to put uid=1 into the admin group.

DELETE FROM `mybb_posts` WHERE `uid` = '1'

That's a query to delete all posts by uid=1.

That page needed 14 queries to be generated. If you click [advanced details] you can see all the queries run for that page. You don't need to do anything with them, they just load all the information.
so what are the data recount stuff? on ACP > tools and maintenance do i need to do anuything there>
That makes sure the thread/post counters etc are up to date, you can do those if you want to but they're totally unrelated to query count...
(2009-05-05, 07:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That makes sure the thread/post counters etc are up to date, you can do those if you want to but they're totally unrelated to query count...

are the thread/post counters needed to be updated?
I have no idea if they do or not... if a lot of threads or posts have been deleted or unapproved then the numbers may be a bit out but it probably wouldn't be by very much....