MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Files Left Over From Plugins..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you make sure you remove them all? Because I'm using a plugin, got a better one and it's a pain to go through the folders looking for any files associated with it. I usually just re-download it then delete the files from my server. How do you? (BTW, removing MyPlaza would of been impossible if I didn't re-download it. Toungue)
I just find out what files the plugin added by downloading the ZIP file and then go through the folders and delete, delete and delete.
(2009-05-05, 10:41 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I just find out what files the plugin added by downloading the ZIP file and then go through the folders and delete, delete and delete.

Same, that's what I used to do, but it can be a real pain if there's different files in many different places, that's why I've just left mine now, I don't have the patience to sit through and delete them all.
If i used my dads bsd 4.X server he has a tool that seems to log everything. (well a bug not a tool) so it would tell me the exact location of the uploads for that day or time. i don't know its a simple server....
I don't really think it's possible to group them altogether. For example, my bug tracking plugin has a ./tracker/ directory, where most files and images are stored. But there's things that I can't have in there - like language and function files.

The easiest way to do it is to provide detailed documentation about the plugins you have. Unfortunately, not many plugin authors do...
I was going to look through it too, but after five minutes, I just gave up. Toungue
(2009-05-05, 10:37 PM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]How do you make sure you remove them all? Because I'm using a plugin, got a better one and it's a pain to go through the folders looking for any files associated with it. I usually just re-download it then delete the files from my server. How do you? (BTW, removing MyPlaza would of been impossible if I didn't re-download it. Toungue)

MyCheck is your friend. Just create the module (very easy) and if all the files don't exist. You're good. Toungue

Link to MyCheck: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-339...#pid227629