MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Release: Report system like in vBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello everybody,

Recently I decided to code a new report system for my forum because I wanted that instead of creating an alert, the forum creates a new thread in a specific forum each time there is a report, just like in vBulletin, in my opinion moderators can be more effective if they can discuss their decisions.

So I thought about sharing my code. All you have to do is to upload the plugin to your plugin directory and activate, then edit the settings in "Configuration" and you are done!.

Screenshots:
Specific Forum where appear all reported posts/threads:
[Image: picture3qc.th.png]

All reports together:
[Image: picture4el.th.png]

And the report thread itself:
[Image: picture6lt.th.png]

Updates
  • Update 2.0: Plugin is now compatible with MyBB 1.6 (Tested on MyBB 1.6.8)

If you find my plugin useful and wish to donate, click here: [Image: btn_donate_SM.gif]
Have not this type of plugin been already made named "Report Post to Forum Plugin" ??
When I searched in the plugin directory, I didn't find any, that's why I had to code my own.
(2009-05-07, 08:29 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Have not this type of plugin been already made named "Report Post to Forum Plugin" ??

Or http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2802.html =P
(2009-05-07, 03:38 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-07, 08:29 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Have not this type of plugin been already made named "Report Post to Forum Plugin" ??

Well, John_s' is easy to implement (simple find and replace)...

BTW John, any chances of you making this into a plugin?

Cheers,
Gene
I rather install a plugin than modify core files.
And don't start an argue about 'payed plugins'.
(2009-05-07, 03:38 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]

I didnot know about that, Thanks Lex- ....
and yes, Report Post to Forum ,I have downloaded approximately 6 months ago from mods.mybboard.net site. But today i searched their, i found nothing
(2009-05-07, 05:34 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]BTW John, any chances of you making this into a plugin?

Cheers,
Gene

Hey there,
I will try to do it, but can't really promise anything because I am kinda weak with plugins and that stuff.

Edit: Seems there is no need to, I noticed that Lex already created a plugin Smile
Thanks Lex!
(2009-05-07, 07:54 PM)John_S Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-07, 05:34 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]BTW John, any chances of you making this into a plugin?

Cheers,
Gene

Hey there,
I will try to do it, but can't really promise anything because I am kinda weak with plugins and that stuff.

Edit: Seems there is no need to, I noticed that Lex already created a plugin Smile
Thanks Lex!

NP and thanks for sharing your code.
Thankyou for your comments, and Yeah I found that file which I had downloaded 6 months ago... Please don't think it be Illegal that I am distributing DenisTT's Plugin in my post, I upload this plugin here only for just want to show that this Plugin has been already made... I searched in every nook and corner of mods database and I came with empty handed that's why I am uploading this Plugin Here...
Report Post To Forum Plugin (Originally created by DenisTT):

[attachment=13758]

Thanks
ghazal
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7