MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Admin rights anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys....

I'm very stresses.

I launched a new Forum for my company.

Yesterday evening I was going over some groep permissions.

I deleted the permission to view the Admin panel from the Super Moderators groep, got thrown of the Forum, logged in again and noticed that I could not get on the admin panel....

How can I get my Admin panel back....

Is there a simple solution or do I have to re-install the whole forum?
Or can I get into some DB table and change a setting?

Please please help.

Thank you all for the quick help...

René
See if this does it, run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Check your table prefix and UID.

This is assuming you've just been kicked out of the admin group but if, however, you've removed rights for the admin usergroup to access the ACP, that's a bit different as it involves rebuilding a cache IIRC.
(2009-05-07, 09:28 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]See if this does it, run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Check your table prefix and UID.

This is assuming you've just been kicked out of the admin group but if, however, you've removed rights for the admin usergroup to access the ACP, that's a bit different as it involves rebuilding a cache IIRC.

Jesus... Thanx you are very quick... Thanx..

I am so sorry to bother you with this orange, but I am very new to this kind of things.

I don't really know how to 'run' this in MyPHPAdmin, I'm in it though. But just not know how to proceed.

I screwed around in the permissions of the Super Moderators and NOT the admin group. So I'm confused as to how this could happen. Are the Admin permissions woven into the Super Moderator permissions???

Anyway... could you explane a little bit more on running this command and where?

Thanx... and I'm so sorry... I looked in the table and I am UID 1 in group 4.

Is there something I could change in the Mybb_adminoptions in the permission field:

it states the following:

a:5:{s:6:"config";a:16:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:8:"settings";s:1:"1";s:7:"banning";s:1:"1";s:14:"profile_fields";s:1:"1";s:7:"smilies";s:1:"1";s:8:"badwords";s:1:"1";s:6:"mycode";s:1:"1";s:9:"languages";s:1:"1";s:10:"post_icons";s:1:"1";s:14:"help_documents";s:1:"1";s:7:"plugins";s:1:"1";s:16:"attachment_types";s:1:"1";s:9:"mod_tools";s:1:"1";s:7:"spiders";s:1:"1";s:9:"calendars";s:1:"1";s:7:"warning";s:1:"1";}s:5:"forum";a:5:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:10:"management";s:1:"1";s:13:"announcements";s:1:"1";s:16:"moderation_queue";s:1:"1";s:11:"attachments";s:1:"1";}s:5:"style";a:3:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:6:"themes";s:1:"1";s:9:"templates";s:1:"1";}s:5:"tools";a:13:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:13:"system_health";s:1:"1";s:5:"cache";s:1:"1";s:5:"tasks";s:1:"1";s:8:"backupdb";s:1:"1";s:10:"optimizedb";s:1:"1";s:15:"recount_rebuild";s:1:"1";s:8:"php_info";s:1:"1";s:8:"adminlog";s:1:"1";s:6:"modlog";s:1:"1";s:8:"maillogs";s:1:"1";s:10:"mailerrors";s:1:"1";s:10:"warninglog";s:1:"1";}s:4:"user";a:8:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:5:"users";s:1:"1";s:6:"groups";s:1:"1";s:6:"titles";s:1:"1";s:7:"banning";s:1:"1";s:17:"admin_permissions";s:1:"1";s:9:"mass_mail";s:1:"1";s:16:"group_promotions";s:1:"1";}}
Have a look in mybb_usergroups, and ensure the "cancp" field is set to 1 for the administrator usergroup (gid = 4).
(2009-05-07, 10:02 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look in mybb_usergroups, and ensure the "cancp" field is set to 1 for the administrator usergroup (gid = 4).

Thanx Tomm...

I changed the value for Administrator usergroup to 1 as Super moderators too...

Still not able to see AdministratorCP or to log in on it...
So the "cancp" was set to 0? In which case, we need to force MyBB to rebuild the usergroups cache.

Open the mybb_datacache table, and edit the "usergroups" row. Remove the contents of the cache field and save the changes. Go to your forum, refresh the page a few times, and you should be able to see a link to the AdminCP.
(2009-05-07, 10:34 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]So the "cancp" was set to 0? In which case, we need to force MyBB to rebuild the usergroups cache.

Open the mybb_datacache table, and edit the "usergroups" row. Remove the contents of the cache field and save the changes. Go to your forum, refresh the page a few times, and you should be able to see a link to the AdminCP.

TOMMMMMMMMM Angel

You really are an Angel....

IT WORKS.... I don't know how to thank you...

Thanks... Thanks... Thanks... Thanks... Thanks...
You're welcome Smile ... glad you got it sorted!