MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some days now i have been creating my forum(testing etc) on a free hsoter
now i will buy a domain and hoster...
What i wanna know is if i can transfer it and how..

thnx in advance und3rcore
First thing to do is change your board URL and cookie settings in the ACP, to what they will need to be. Then, take a full database backup, and download all of your files. Upload the files to the new host, create a new database on the new host, import the backup to it, and then edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.
(2009-05-07, 01:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]First thing to do is change your board URL and cookie settings in the ACP, to what they will need to be. Then, take a full database backup, and download all of your files. Upload the files to the new host, create a new database on the new host, import the backup to it, and then edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.

I would also suggest to close the board down during this process. When you get the board transferred to the new server you can check things out before turning the board back on.
thank you bith guys especially you Matt..
i have one last question

how i can make sth like a newsbar to appear when a user
receives a pm ??
(2009-05-07, 01:54 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-07, 01:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]First thing to do is change your board URL and cookie settings in the ACP, to what they will need to be. Then, take a full database backup, and download all of your files. Upload the files to the new host, create a new database on the new host, import the backup to it, and then edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.

I would also suggest to close the board down during this process. When you get the board transferred to the new server you can check things out before turning the board back on.

Ah yes, closing it is a good idea.

(2009-05-07, 01:56 PM)und3rcore Wrote: [ -> ]thank you bith guys especially you Matt..
i have one last question

how i can make sth like a newsbar to appear when a user
receives a pm ??

That's default in MyBB, it's a setting in the UserCP Options.