MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Configuration Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I tried to install MyBB and it goes well upto the Database Configuration bit. I always get the same error, I tried both ULMB and Freehostia.

Quote:There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'mysql' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

I am pretty sure I used the right password and all and tested it over and over again with new MySQLs databases.

Any ideas? Huh
If you like, you can PM me details to your host control panel and I'll try and find the correct details Smile
I have just sent you a PM with the details you asked for Smile
That's crazy, you enter what they've given you, and it gives an error Undecided I've tried a few things that usually work for the hostname, but none do the trick... could be worth opening a support ticket with them to ask them what they're up to... sorry I couldn't be of more help with this one.
I even tried Freehostia and had the same problem, is there a problem at my end?
(2009-05-07, 05:42 PM)sharadjalota456 Wrote: [ -> ]I even tried Freehostia and had the same problem, is there a problem at my end?

If the host has issues connecting to the database then I would say switch to a new host before you start your board. To me it sounds like they are not to reliable.
Do you know of any free servers I can use?
My friend who is good at this sort of stuff couldnt get it to work either with other databases. Does MyBB have a problem?
Anyone?