MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyMobile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Opera on my BlackBerry supports JQuery, so why not... Not sure about other phones, though.
(2009-10-07, 02:59 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. Many updates. Pretty much wrapping things up, and actually have a question for you guys. Should I throw in an option to enable/disable javascript (JQuery) replies? Or, I can just leave javascript out?

Basic phones, can't do javascript (well, or at all) So its up to you.
I think that you have to leave javascript out
I think it's good to use it, Imad. Put it in, but code it so that it doesn't cause any problems if the phone doesn't support it. Most smartphones have a degree of js support...
Sounds good. Will do then.
Hey Imad,

Nice job on working on such a plugin, as a programmer myself I was tempted to code it (or even switch to phpBB which has those plugins already... booh lazy me), but your work is very encouraging.

One question, how does the detection works? Is is working as a template that activates with the detection of a mobile user agent? Or is it a complete new plugin that will use a new url?
Mainly because I want my forum to be accessed both via normal browser, and mobile access, I'm wondering how's the switch occurring.

(2009-05-07, 09:27 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]While this isn't solely a MyBB plugin, it contains hooks so you can create plugins for it.

What kind of hooks are we talking about? From your screenshots I see that MyMobile is very generic, and the mobile access I have in mind is very iPhone/iTouch oriented (similar to phpBB's http://code.google.com/p/phpbb-iphone-st...creenshots ). Wondering if those hooks will have enough access to add an iPhone theme to your plugin.

Keep up the good work,

jubei
(2009-10-26, 09:52 PM)jubei Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Imad,

Nice job on working on such a plugin, as a programmer myself I was tempted to code it (or even switch to phpBB which has those plugins already... booh lazy me), but your work is very encouraging.

One question, how does the detection works? Is is working as a template that activates with the detection of a mobile user agent? Or is it a complete new plugin that will use a new url?
Mainly because I want my forum to be accessed both via normal browser, and mobile access, I'm wondering how's the switch occurring.

(2009-05-07, 09:27 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]While this isn't solely a MyBB plugin, it contains hooks so you can create plugins for it.

What kind of hooks are we talking about? From your screenshots I see that MyMobile is very generic, and the mobile access I have in mind is very iPhone/iTouch oriented (similar to phpBB's http://code.google.com/p/phpbb-iphone-st...creenshots ). Wondering if those hooks will have enough access to add an iPhone theme to your plugin.

Keep up the good work,

jubei

The hooks are used to add code and certain things you feel that should be added. The theme is changed via templates system, not the MyBB templates system, but the MyMobile templates system. Therefore, I don't see why you can't give it the iPhone interface. Smile

As for the mobile or not detector, it's just done through resolution detection, very basic but affective.
any eta ?
(2009-10-07, 01:02 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]It will be ready, when its ready.
Never thought someone would quote me saying that :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18