MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit topic tile & move posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please tell me how do I followings:
- how can I change topic title (where is Edit topic title option?)
- how can I move posts from a topic to another topic (where is Move posts option?)

In my moderation/admin account these options dont' exist. What can I do?

Thank you very much!
(2009-05-08, 07:14 AM)adriani Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell me how do I followings:
- how can I change topic title (where is Edit topic title option?)
- how can I move posts from a topic to another topic (where is Move posts option?)

In my moderation/admin account these options dont' exist. What can I do?

Thank you very much!

1- Go to the first post of the thread to change the title and click "Edit" , then "Full Edit" then change the title, or on the thread view double click on the title.

2- In the footer of the page.
@BobbyMercer, thank you very much for your urgently answer!
1. works now. Smile

2. In the footer of the page, in right side, I have 2 combo:
- Inline Post Moderation with 5 options:
Delete Posts
Merge Posts
Split Posts
Approve Posts
Unapprove Posts

- Moderation Option
with Move / Copy Thread

but nothing about Move Posts

Can you help me more please?!
To move posts from another thread, first, split the posts that you wish to move off into their own thread, and then merge this new thread with the one you want the posts to go into.
@MattRogowski thank you!
(2009-05-08, 07:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]To move posts from another thread, first, split the posts that you wish to move off into their own thread, and then merge this new thread with the one you want the posts to go into.
Wow!... That is no good! In fact, do you said that "Move posts" operation don't exist in MyBB forum?!Huh Very strange!
I moderate a myBB forum, and many users put messages in wrong places. So, I have to move these posts in right topics. All another forums, for example myPHP, has this important moderation operation.
In my opinion the "Move Posts" operation is more important than "Split Posts" operation.

However, may by exists this operation in MyBB forum, but I can't find it.
Where it is?
No, there isn't a move posts option at the moment, may be one day, but currently splitting and merging is the way to do it.
You know if I had known you could not easily move a single post to a new thread in MyBB before I set it up, that probably would have been a deal breaker.

I really hope this becomes a top priority with MyBB in the very near future.
On a side note I don't see anyway with the thread merge to tell it to just add the posts to the end and ignore the time they were posted. The merge seems to only put the posts in there according strictly to the time they were posted. That's sometimes not the desirable result of merging. Sometimes I'd like to be able to add the posts from one thread to the bottom of the posts from another regardless of post time stamp.

Am I missing a way to do that, or is that also not possible?