MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banning IP's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this function work because i banned an IP from China and i that same ip still comes on my sight.
Did you ban the exact IP or use a wildcard, like 127.0.0.*?? IIRC they can still come on, but they'll see an error message saying they're banned.
(2009-05-08, 01:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ban the exact IP or use a wildcard, like 127.0.0.*?? IIRC they can still come on, but they'll see an error message saying they're banned.

i used all the number, would it be best if i did use a wild card.
(2009-05-08, 01:35 PM)Kelvin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-08, 01:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ban the exact IP or use a wildcard, like 127.0.0.*?? IIRC they can still come on, but they'll see an error message saying they're banned.

The wild card could be good and bad because the wild card could cause you to ban other members/potential members because it is like putting in a range.
(2009-05-08, 01:39 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-08, 01:35 PM)Kelvin Wrote: [ -> ]

The wild card could be good and bad because the wild card could cause you to ban other members/potential members because it is like putting in a range.

Thanks for the info, Matt and skywalker