MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: saving setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(./inc/settings.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/home/***/public_html/forum/admin/settings.php</b> on line <b>55</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/***/public_html/forum/admin/settings.php</b> on line <b>56</b><br />
<br />

<b>Warning</b>: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in <b>/home/***/public_html/forum/admin/settings.php</b> on line <b>57</b><br />
<html>
this errors occord when i want to save setting in admin cp
i dont view source but i think script try to save ./inc/setting but default dir is ./admin/
not any problem in permissions
Have you changed the admin directory by any chance? It's trying to save the settings file to the admin directory for some reason. MyBB isn't finding the forum root for some reason I think.
CHMOD inc/settings.php to 666
DennisTT Wrote:CHMOD inc/settings.php to 666
are you joking?Sad this is very dangerus and i think that no need for it?
why all can write my setting? it is a start of a hack attemptWink
That's no joke. The file has to be writable so that the informations can be changed.
You might be able to change it to 644 which is write only for the main user/creator. Depends on your PHP setup. Try 644, then 664, then 666.
A copy of the settings are in that file, and so when you change your settings it needs to be writable in order to be updated to the new settings. So that's what's giving you that error.
but why other file writing scripts work well?! i know unix but i cant know why do you recommand this?!
why this problem was not in setup'?!
In the installer, that file has to be writable. The installer checks it before continuing, so at some point in time, the file must have been writable by PHP.