MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with DB config info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm baffled at the install screen where I input the DB config info.
This is a new installation and I have carefully followed MyBB directions thus far.
Here's the page:
http://www.foresthillsclub.org/Forum/install

This is what the host provider confirmed the DB information is:
DB engine: MySQL
DB server hostname: mysql1.myregisteredsite.com
DB User Name
DB password
Database Name: 24279_forum

When I input this info, here's the error I get:
"Could not connect to the database server at 'mysql1.myregisteredsite.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation."

I have rechecked this inforamtion numerous times and tried different combinations - using the DB IP address as well, and my host provider confirmed the info is correct.

Please advise on whatever I can do from here - I'm stuck!
Thanks
I would hide your username && password =P
Provide such info in a PM if needed to the person which offers you help.
OK - thanks - I did...

: )
I googled on your problem =P
Seems like another user (not MyBB though) had the same problem
Quote:I've got Photocart 4.1 and recently I've been getting this error message when trying to access pages randomly:

Unable to connect to the databaseUnknown MySQL server host 'mysql1.myregisteredsite.com' (2)

Is this something I need to contact my internet provider about? What could be the source of this problem?

Thanks for the help,
Robert

Answer
Quote:Well, the situation has improved, but still happens some. I contacted my host company and this was the response:

"Please try to update your scripts to be connecting to 209.237.150.136 instead of
mysql1.myregisteredsite.com . This should eliminate the error that you are getting."

Source: http://www.picturespro.com/community/for...1121060857
Thank you - I did try that - and still same error...
I would contact your host support line because it seems to be an issue on their end in my opinion unless your server host name is incorrect. Which it does not seem like it since they said you have the right info. If they can't offer you help or tell you it is not their problem then maybe you need a different host company. Since your host provider also confirmed the info is correct then I would say it has to be on their end.

I also wonder if the database user you are using does not have the correct permissions.
What would be the correct permissions?
(2009-05-08, 06:06 PM)ething Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the correct permissions?

I am not sure if I am using the correct wording, but it looks like to me like your database could be hosted on another server and your database user I think would need permission to access the remote database. I could be wrong on this, but it is just an idea to throw out there of what the problem could be. I don't think anyone on mybb can help you on getting your issue fixed. If your host provider says your info is correct and it does not work then it is an issue with your host provider and you should contact them and ask them if the info you have is correct then why does it not work.

I am not trying to hate on your host provider or anything, but if they can't get this issue fixed then maybe you should look into moving to another host because if they can't get customers sites to connect to the database reliably then do you really want them as a host provider.
(2009-05-08, 06:22 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not trying to hate on your host provider or anything, but if they can't get this issue fixed then maybe you should look into moving to another host because if they can't get customers sites to connect to the database reliably then do you really want them as a host provider.

Seconded. The fact that what they're giving you doesn't work doesn't really show a good host in my honest opinion.
Yes - I agree - It's a client's site - so I guess I need to suugest that to them.. thanks for your input!