MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove RSS Syndication?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a method to remove RSS Syndication?

There is a post about it but it is old and was involving an older version.

Thanks!
You can just remove the link from the footer and delete syndication.php
(2009-05-08, 07:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can just remove the link from the footer and delete syndication.php
You'd also probably want to remove the code from headerinclude template that has to deal with syndication.php.
(2009-05-08, 07:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can just remove the link from the footer and delete syndication.php

Thanks, Matt. Can you tell me exactly the code to remove from footer?
Remove this from the footer template:

| <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a>

And then, as nickman pointed out, remove this from the headerinclude template:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?type=atom1.0" />
(2009-05-08, 08:19 PM)nickman Wrote: [ -> ]
You'd also probably want to remove the code from headerinclude template that has to deal with syndication.php.

Are you talking about header welcomeblock? I don't see "headerinclude".
It's in the Ungrouped Templates set.
Great info, Matt - thanks!
What about rss.php? Does that need to be deleted?
I wonder why would you want to remove the RSS Syndication? Some members would certainly need the generated code to use it with RSS/Atom Aggregator software. I have recommended this feature to all my members and they just love it!Rolleyes

Regards
also some users can be use igoogle pages and sidebars