MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pm wiith no subject/post with default subject
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i try to send an empty subject for my posts it automatically get subject RE:thread name but i dont want! it seems a not realy good work!
and also when i want to send pm sending pm by no subject is easy that i think it should not!
am i wrong?
imei Wrote:when i try to send an empty subject for my posts it automatically get subject RE:thread name but i dont want! it seems a not realy good work!
and also when i want to send pm sending pm by no subject is easy that i think it should not!
am i wrong?
any reader? :((
This isn't a bug - these are two features working how they're supposed to be.

If you wish to remove the default Re: attachment for replies to threads, you'll have to edit newreply.php.

When a PM is sent with no subject, it is replaced with [no subject]. If you wish to disallow this, you'll also have to change the code.

Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:This isn't a bug - these are two features working how they're supposed to be.

If you wish to remove the default Re: attachment for replies to threads, you'll have to edit newreply.php.

When a PM is sent with no subject, it is replaced with [no subject]. If you wish to disallow this, you'll also have to change the code.

Chris
it ofcurse is not a bug! but i suggest a better view!
editing source code is not a good idea! if admin want to use this feature he dont change hidden field in quickreply template! why default subject for a post is needed??
but in other hand default subject for pms make full your inbox from no subjected pms!
thank you from your responding~
imei Wrote:it ofcurse is not a bug! but i suggest a better view!
editing source code is not a good idea! if admin want to use this feature he dont change hidden field in quickreply template! why default subject for a post is needed??
but in other hand default subject for pms make full your inbox from no subjected pms!
thank you from your responding~

Why don't you put the subject in yourself??