MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant add forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I installed myBB i deleted the forums which where My Category and hab my example or whatever it was in there. As i deleted thos I cant now add forums because there isnt a parent to add them to. Its really frustrating me. Do i have to re-upload a file which had the boards in them?

Please help.

Doesnt matter now I re-installed the forum. But i cant add new boards to put forums, how d i do that?
heloo there

in order to add a new forum u have to have a category.

parent is the category, so 1st go and add a catergory ( create new forum > make the whole settings, make sure "Act As Forum" is set to NO, and parent forum is set to "Non"

when ur done from the category, u will be taken to the page where all the categories and forums are listed.

there you will find the caterory u made next to it there is a button with "Add Child Forum" this will add the forums u need under this catergry,

here u will have to make sure that
"Act As Forum" is set to YES, and parent forum is set to the one u want it to be added to.

many regards
Great thanks. That really helped!