MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't get install to come up - Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I unziped the download. Created a directory called forums in my root on my site. I used Cyberduck to FTP up all the contents of the upload folder into the directory I created. I used Asci for text files etc. I changed permissions on all files to 777 except for config.php and settings.php which I put at 666. When I goto

www.mysitename.com/forums/install I get this

An error occurred when running this script
The script could not be run because of incorrect permissions.
The script consumed too many resources and was terminated.
The page that you have requested may no longer exist.

My webhost asked me what version of php was used to create the files. I did not know but didn't find them all that helpful either. Angry

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
what is your own domain name? or original domain name?
(2009-05-09, 01:36 AM)cobarde Wrote: [ -> ]what is your own domain name? or original domain name?

www.hirtrealty.com
Not every file should be 777. Some servers don't like you running files that are 777.

Try leaving most files at roughly 644 and just chmodding the files below :

MyBB Wiki Wrote:filename CHMOD Permission
--------------------------------------------
./inc/config.php 666
./inc/settings.php 666
./cache/ 777
./cache/themes/ 777
./uploads/ 777
./uploads/avatars/ 777
(2009-05-09, 02:15 AM)nickman Wrote: [ -> ]Not every file should be 777. Some servers don't like you running files that are 777.

Try leaving most files at roughly 644 and just chmodding the files below :

MyBB Wiki Wrote:filename CHMOD Permission
--------------------------------------------
./inc/config.php 666
./inc/settings.php 666
./cache/ 777
./cache/themes/ 777
./uploads/ 777
./uploads/avatars/ 777

tried and did not work. This is very frustrating. I can't get the install started even though I'm opening the right file. CHMOD is correct. Could there be any issue uploading files thorough Cyberduck? I specified Ascii.

Yesterday, I was having problem installing Wordpress, but when increased memory in php.ini file it worked. Could it be same thing here? I would assume they raised the memory for good and not tempory?

Again all ideas appreciated.
So the ./install/ folder is 755, folders inside it are 755, and files inside are 644?? Because if they are, and it's still saying there's a permissions error with those files, I'd contact your host, as it would sound everything on MyBB's end is OK.
(2009-05-09, 08:48 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So the ./install/ folder is 755, folders inside it are 755, and files inside are 644?? Because if they are, and it's still saying there's a permissions error with those files, I'd contact your host, as it would sound everything on MyBB's end is OK.

Yes, everything seems fine. When I called the host yesterday they wanted to know what version of PHP was used to create the files??? Anybody know this? Not sure why they wanted to know that, but they aren't very helpful most of the time.

Lastly, if all else fails could you recommend another simple free forum software to add to wordpress.Toungue