MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: QuickLogin Issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not just in my forum but also in this mybboard forum, my browsers have ceased to remember my password for the login. It works fine in my Admin CP, but it doesn't work in the main forum. Every time I have to remove those dots and type my password. I examined the cookie in my browser and found that the cookie expires at the end of the session.

Is that deliberately intended in the current version of mybb?

Currently using 1.4.6

I have tried different browsers: Firefox, IE, Opera, Netscape...All the same!

Please clarify..

Regards
I dont think it has anything to do with MyBB, as the cookies work fine for me...
It might be some setting in your cookies?
It expires if you log out IIRC, it won't if you just let your session time out and change your settings to save your login details. The login box never saves my details either, it puts them in if I go to ./member.php?action=login, but it doesn't put them into the quick login box, probably because of the AJAX or something, I don't really know.
(2009-05-09, 01:08 AM)Josh[y] Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think it has anything to do with MyBB, as the cookies work fine for me...
It might be some setting in your cookies?

Have you tried to logout and then login againHuh? What version of mybb are you using?

I've just tried to login to mybboard (itself, not just my board) several times using different pc's, and still facing the same problem. It can't be a coincidence that all browsers (with different versions) and all pc's are having the same issue with the current version of mybb without a reason!

I have older forums with older versions of mybb and there is no problem there whatsoever.

Regards
(2009-05-09, 08:47 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It expires if you log out IIRC, it won't if you just let your session time out and change your settings to save your login details. The login box never saves my details either, it puts them in if I go to ./member.php?action=login, but it doesn't put them into the quick login box, probably because of the AJAX or something, I don't really know.
(2009-05-09, 08:47 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It expires if you log out IIRC, it won't if you just let your session time out and change your settings to save your login details. The login box never saves my details either, it puts them in if I go to ./member.php?action=login, but it doesn't put them into the quick login box, probably because of the AJAX or something, I don't really know.

That is preciously what is happening in my case. Actually, you described it more accurately. I'll attempt to compare the current templates with the old ones to find out the secret behind all this.

If it is a new security feature, then I'd rather sacrifice the security for an easy login.

Thanks

Edit: To solve this problem temporarily till someone explains why the "quick_login" isn't working, I did this:

In the header_welcomeblock_guest, the code is this:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span> 

And I simply changed it to this:

(<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login"{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span> 

Now all browsers remember my login info. And to login to mybboard I have to bookmark it like this:
http://community.mybboard.net/member.php?action=login

HuhHuh
Nice to see my issue on page 6 now (not complaining, God forbid). Just curious to know how anyone could login to any mybb board without having to face this issue I'm addressing?Undecided