MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got a list of Sql errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have made a list of plugin and error i get whe installing i am hoping maybe some could help me fix them
I too get similar errors when I try to install few plugins like Important Messages, Show Groups.... Any idea of the root cause or what we're doing wrong ?
Looks like there's various errors in the plugins that don't like your version of MySQL. It looks like you're running it in Strict Mode - some of the errors are for 'blank' values, which MySQL will throw an error for.

You'll need to contact the respective authors of each plugin and point them to this thread so they can resolve their issues.
Thanks for the info Tomm....

I'd like to know while mods/plugins are submitted to the official database, aren't they tested with a mySQL db in strict mode ? Since I believe most of the users would have set it in Strict Mode.
I think it's quite a small majority of people that have strict mode enabled, and we can't test every plugin on every database setup, we'd be here forever.
Yep I understand all combinations cant be tested... It would be good if the plugins were always tested in a STRICT_TRANS_TABLES enabled DB, (eventually if it passes there, it would pass in non-strict mode as well)... Just my suggestion thats all... Wink The defauly MySQL installation enables strict mode afaik but no idea how each host goes about enabling/disabling it....
(2009-05-12, 10:32 AM)The Tux Dude Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to know while mods/plugins are submitted to the official database, aren't they tested with a mySQL db in strict mode ? Since I believe most of the users would have set it in Strict Mode.

As Matt says, it's impossible for us to check that each plugin works on seperate server setups. Most in the database don't work for PGSQL, for example.

This, then, falls with the actual plugin developer. They should ensure their plugin works with (as minimum) the recommended specifications for MyBB. Ideally they should say what environment it works on and test it thoroughly. The responsibility for this shouldn't lie with the people who approve the plugin.
yep Strict Mode i am using windows so the mysql sets this by defult you may close this solved