MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Clean Group Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-06-01, 03:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-30, 03:16 PM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tired of eveyone trying to rip-off my set. Obviously, I started a wild craze, but instead of people changing the style, they're just ripping it off of mine.

Uh, you're using open source icons (famfamfam silk) and placing them on coloured rectangles with words. Are you being serious here?

But it does take time..
(2009-06-01, 02:47 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-30, 03:16 PM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tired of eveyone trying to rip-off my set. Obviously, I started a wild craze, but instead of people changing the style, they're just ripping it off of mine.

That's a rather bold statement.
I have to agree with this..

Uh, you're using open source icons (famfamfam silk) and placing them on coloured rectangles with words. Are you being serious here?
Brad does make a good point, I must say. I'm not saying you don't deserve credit - I give you credit for making them and appreciate that. I will say I use the stock icons on my forums. I lack the time and programs to make my own though. It does take time to do the icons, and placing and everything else - I know that bro. I've been a designer for around 2 years now, and have had my work stolen(blatantly and piece-by-piece), and it's only made me that much wiser to the type of scum that are out there. But if you release something and want it to be modified, maybe make that clear?
(2009-06-01, 04:27 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]

But it does take time..

Not arguing it doesn't (although these seriously would take about thirty seconds for anyone competent to make), but this is hardly a unique idea and to say that people are ripping him off is absolutely unfounded. Forums have been using rank images like these for years. You can't claim ownership over such a basic idea.
I agree with Bay. I found it supercilious of him accusing people of "ripping off" his idea. As much as it took his time, other people took time on making them too. =\ I still can't find what he though it was "ripping off" on my rank thread other than the famfam icons which are free to use. Huh
Rounded Rectangles = Rip-Off. Or at least that's what I noticed.
._. I used that way before I came here.-I have them on my board- If that is a rip-off Confused ....
Pages: 1 2