MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Page's that don't exist ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As described by my forum users:

Quote: When clicking to say the 3rd page of a thread, it will sometimes come back with an error if, say, the post that created the 3rd page has been deleted.

Quote:I got that today too - it happened when I was 1 post away from being on the 3rd page, so I assumed there might have been a post that pushed it to page 3, but that somehow got deleted and it remembered there were 3 pages maybe?

I'm going out on a limb - it's a crazy thing, but ultimately not that annoying when you know it's happening. Just view the last post when you click on a thread, instead of the last page and you'll always end up in the right spot

Quote:It's a MyBB bug.
Are you saying that it says there's a 3rd page, but before the user clicks the 3rd page, the post that made the 3rd page is deleted...??
I don't know I've never experienced it, these 3 members have though and reported it. What they wrote is all I know of. I'm waiting for them to reply to my post.
from one member: for the pages that do not exist, create a test post with 21 posts, and delete all on the last page. it should show there being 2 pages, but the second page has a error"
make a new thread, and get people to respond to it with junk. once it gets to the second page, delete everything on that page and it should show a link to the second page, which has nothing on it
i'm using the google seo plugin if that means anything
i'm using the google seo plugin if that means anything
I can't reproduce it. It no longer shows a page link for me once the page is deleted; and even if you to to a page of a thread that doesn't exist, it will still show something sane (e.g. the first page).

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-495...-9999.html

But it's possible to get bad page links if your counters are wrong, so you could try a recount & rebuild, and check wether your threads reply counts are correct or not. Maybe some bug or some plugin causes the counters to go off, which would explain all sorts of errors with page links.
Right

I created a thread with 11 replies and then deleted the 10th reply.
I couldn't see a page two but members and guests can, so I logged out and there it is, a link tp age two, even though there is only 11 posts.

On page two it says The specified thread does not exist.

This sucks!

Using the google mod, with SEO friendly URLs, is the problem something to do with the showthread? I thought they should of been rewritten like everything else.

showthread.php?tid=2053&page=2
Further update.

When I go to that wehn I'm logged in as myself (showthread.php?tid=2053&page=2) I get re-directd to the SEO friendly URL version of it, but this just shows the url as /forums/thread-bug-test?page=2 with the content as page one

Sad
This was already reported and fixed quite a while back I believe. In one of the 1.4 maintenance releases.
(2009-05-09, 06:48 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This was already reported and fixed quite a while back I believe. In one of the 1.4 maintenance releases.

Correct. If I remember correctly, it was the cause of unapproved posts.
Hmmm

I'm using mybb 1.4.6

The posts on the second page are deleted, but if you are not a moderator you can see a link to page two still.
OK, I tried this out. I created a thread with 11 replies (making the thread 12 posts in total, including the original first post).

If I deleted post #10, that makes it 10 replies, with 11 posts in the thread. With the default "posts per page" being set to 10, this means that there is 2 pages for this thread.

My guess is that you and/or your moderators actually have a higher "posts per page" set in your UserCP (higher than 10) than the guests and members, so in actual fact you wouldn't see a second page.

I can't replicate the problem with 1.4.6 or the SVN trunk version.
They all have it set as 10 posts thats how we managed to work out the bug in the first place!

Only normal members see the second page, clicking on the second page gives you a 'thread does not exist'.
Pages: 1 2