MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users need to logoff to validate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after registering, users are logged in, but aren't validated. so when they check their email and follow the link, for some reason they get a "you don't have permission" message, thus, they can't validate their accounts.

they would need to logoff before they are able to. it's not a big deal, but it's kind of a nuisanse. Is this happening just to me? one would think everyone would get this problem...or maybe i triggered it with some odd permission settings?
Heloo there

Umm well i guess your the only one having this issue!! it used to happen woth me !! but it's not a big deal, acutally what happens is that the account is validated !! but u get this error for a reason actually i dont know, but make sure when u login next time, u will be able to start posting.

For more validation to this issue, i suggest to got set the activation settings to anyother than send activation code. then set it back to activate by sending an email. coz if there is any error is that setting resetting it will again fix it.

Regards

zaher1988 is correct, the issue appears to be specific to you because there is no such code in place to show the "no permission" page when validating an account.

Have you by chance disallowed users in the 'Awaiting Activation' group to view your board?

Or do you have some sort of plugins or code modifications installed which may be stopping this?

Chris