MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beta testers wanted - Resig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm looking for a few BETA testers for my new app. In short, what it does, is allows your users (and you) to modify your signature from only one place. You can then have this signature enabled around multiple forums, and when you update it there, it'll sync up to all of them.

This is only a first version and has been tested on a blank Mybb forum (1.4.6). There's three requirements to run it at the moment:
  • PHP5
  • Simplexml
  • cURL
If you don't have these, you won't be able to use it yet (although you should since they're pretty standard nowadays). I'll probably release a newer version later that can get around the curl and simplexml, but at the moment I just want to get the whole interface tested.

The more feedback I get the better I can update it. I'll respond to feedback as best as I can here, but my first stop will be on our forums.

How to Help:

Installing
  1. Signup here
  2. Download the MyBB plugin
  3. Install + Activate
  4. Check the settings configuration page, which will have 'Resig Configuration', then add your API Key, found here
Adding your first signature
  1. Add your first signature here
  2. Visit your User CP on your forum, to add it (and here, hopefully it starts working)
  3. Make a post/new topic, and be sure to enable signatures
If it all goes according to plan, the signature you enter in Step 1 should show up as your signature on your forum. If you have any troubles, let me know. I'll be happy to help you get it going.

Thanks!
Interesting project
Yeah, pretty nice. Usefull for ads or something.
Thanks Smile

I do think it'd be useful for things like ads, but also just general management of your signature. You could easily offer special promos across forums etc.
Testers still wanted! Any and all feedback is appreciated Smile