MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Advance user permissions like group permissions.

For example,

Viewing Options
Posting/Rating Options?
Poll Options
Attachment Options
Editing/Deleting Options

etc.
1. ??
2. Has it..
3. Umm.. has it too..
4. Again, already has it..
5. Posts? Already has it..

MyBB has almost all of those features already..
Mr. Scoutie44 I am talking about user permissions not group permissions.
Oh. That's overkill, no?
Depends what it's for IMO. Using a suspension may be better for some things, but some things that people have suggested would be good on a per-user basis.
User permissions would be great.

For example you want to take away the download attachments permission for a specific user, there is no way to do that, unless you make a new user group for him.
I can see it clogging the database tho (keep in mind I have no idea how much this will use). Imagine HUNDREDS of db fields revoking and adding permissions for individual users.

Well it would be nice.
I think user based permissions is stupid. Why the hell would you want to take away permissions from a specific user? I have yet to see any larger forum do this, and for the smaller forums that do do this, I've yet to see any merit come out of it.
But it's possible to do this through a plugin, so I won't question your motives. I'm just saying that I really don't see it being useful as a built-in feature.