MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Banned from Who's Online List v0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Banned from Who's Online List
Description: Enables you to disallow groups or specific users from accessing the full WOL page.
Author: MattRogowski
Authorsite: http://mattrogowski.co.uk
Version: 0.1
Compatibility: 1.4.x
Files: 1
Templates added: 1
Template changes: 1
Settings added: 3 (1 group)

To Install:
Upload ./inc/plugins/wolbanned.php to ./inc/plugins/
Go to ACP > Plugins > Activate
Go to ACP > Configuration > Banned from Who's Online List Settings > Configure settings > Save.

Information:
This gives you the option to ban certain groups or specific users from accessing the Who's Online List.

You may be thinking this is possible by default, but not quite. There's a permission for viewing the WOL in the usergroup permissions in default MyBB. However, unticking this setting will remove the Who's Online table from the index. Some users have requested/suggested that there should be the ability to keep that on the index, but give a no permissions page when you try and view the full list, so, here you go Smile

You can define usergroups or specific users to ban. Remember to use the ID of the group/user, not the name.

You may edit for your own personal forum but must not redistribute it in any form without my permission.

Change Log:
10/05/09 - v0.1 -> Initial 'beta' release.

Screenshots:
[attachment=13821]

Download:
[attachment=13822]

Also available on the Mods site.

Smile
first... Smile
downloading and installing
Another default feature. Damn, your plugins are pretty small but awesome and handy.
wow love it Big Grin great work thanks!
I'm curious what the point of this is? If you can view it on the index it doesn't make much difference on the actual full page.
Some people have requested it, they want people to be able to see who is online but not the full locations list.
I like this option of certain groups to not see the online page

That's sounds unique
Thanks MattR
Off-topic, but why do you always type with dual ?? marks? Not that it's a problem, I just find it odd Toungue

Anyways, nice job Smile
(2009-05-10, 07:40 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Off-topic, but why do you always type with dual ?? marks? Not that it's a problem, I just find it odd Toungue

Big Grin Dunno really, I started doing it ages ago, it's just become a habit, I do !! too Toungue
Fair enough Toungue
When there's more than one I generally feel under pressure Toungue