MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to block an ip address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i block an email address from registering as i dont want people registering in my college otherwise i cant block the ip address as the people that registered in college will all be banned if you get me?
(2009-05-10, 09:26 PM)Leepish Wrote: [ -> ]how do i block an email address from registering as i dont want people registering in my college otherwise i cant block the ip address as the people that registered in college will all be banned if you get me?

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Banning -> Disallowed Email Address -> Add a Disallowed Email Address

But of course people can always register with different email addresses.Angry
I think you can use a wildcard if you'd want to block a college email address, *@domain.com
(2009-05-10, 10:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can use a wildcard if you'd want to block a college email address, *@domain.com

Then he will end up by blocking all his colleagues who use that same domain. HuhThe best thing is to set the registration method to "Administrator Activation" if he really wants to control it. You might be surprised to know that I only activate people who provide me with full details, and I have even disallowed nicknames in my forum. When in doubt I ask the newly registered members to either call me or come and see me in person, if they really want to be activated.

Just check my registration page to find out how I do it:

My Forum