MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IRC is it no more?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I clicked on your support page today as i got an irc client for my mac today and theres no irc bit there no more do you longer use irc?
Some of us still use IRC, but it's not active enough to warrant putting it up on the website anymore.
Maybe add some support on it? That would liven it somewhat.
(2009-05-10, 11:55 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add some support on it? That would liven it somewhat.
There wasn't enough staff that frequented on it to list it as an official source of support.
You can still find it on this page: http://www.mybboard.net/about/community
Smile
(2009-05-10, 11:58 PM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-10, 11:55 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add some support on it? That would liven it somewhat.
There wasn't enough staff that frequented on it to list it as an official source of support.
You can still find it on this page: http://www.mybboard.net/about/community
Smile

You should add Dennis's online link. I use it more often the MIRC.

Well we can't force our support staff to be there. And it generally isn't a good idea to ask for support on IRC because people can't search IRC for previously answered questions
(2009-05-10, 11:59 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]You should add Dennis's online link. I use it more often the MIRC.
I'm not sure that Dennis wanted that made overly public. Smile
(2009-05-11, 01:00 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-10, 11:59 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]You should add Dennis's online link. I use it more often the MIRC.
I'm not sure that Dennis wanted that made overly public. Smile

lol. Its in a thread here. Somewhere.
Basically it's only there for chatting purposes (it was like that from the getgo anyway). We don't guarantee support requests will be answered through irc.
(2009-05-11, 01:04 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-11, 01:00 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure that Dennis wanted that made overly public. Smile
lol. Its in a thread here. Somewhere.
That's the reason I put overly in italics. I imagine more people would browse the main MyBB site than a thread hidden away in the chit chat forum somewhere (I forget if it's stickied or not).
Pages: 1 2