MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help. I seem to have broken my board lol.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While uploading files tonight for a few plugins, I think I inadvertently overwrote files that I shouldn't have.

When I go to my forum page, it tells me "Language english (/home/content/p/a/r/parentsnight/html/forum/inc/languages/english) is not installed

I have tried reinstalling inc/languages/english files for mybb and I have gone through manually to see what isn't matching and can not find what I have done wrong. Any suggestions as to what I can do to figure this out or do I have to reinstall my entire bb?

Thank you Smile
If you haven't changed any of the code in the MyBB files (which you really shouldn't have to do) then you should just be able to upload all of the MyBB files again and it will re-write all the files, but it won't matter because they're all the same.

Just make sure you keep a copy of /inc/settings.php and /inc/config.php - just in case.
(2009-05-11, 02:24 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]If you haven't changed any of the code in the MyBB files (which you really shouldn't have to do) then you should just be able to upload all of the MyBB files again and it will re-write all the files, but it won't matter because they're all the same.

Just make sure you keep a copy of /inc/settings.php and /inc/config.php - just in case.

It's not working Undecided Are there any other suggestions???

Oh, and no I had not made any changes to code.
The fact that you 'overwrote' or misplaced core MyBB files while installing plugins is strange.

Uploading everything in the Uploads folder from the MyBB package should have fixed any missing files.
If you're sure they're there, make sure ./inc/languages, ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755 and make sure files inside these folders are 644.
(2009-05-11, 09:06 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you're sure they're there, make sure ./inc/languages, ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755 and make sure files inside these folders are 644.

I changed the CHMOD to 755 and there was ONE file that hadn't moved over after rechecking again! It worked!

Thank you both for your help Smile