MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cash Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
keral82 Wrote:Now just building the shop. Where by deafult the custom title and other settings will be turned off. And if that user spends 100 or 200 cash his or her settings in the database is updated from there(Means shop).

thanks for the explan, but this part made my dog cry. could you rephrase it please?
keral82 Wrote:If your dog cries then keep it with you no need to make comments at my posts. Bcoz, FOOL you are not working and just making comments on my english.

After all this is not english we are talking about. we are talking about PHP and MySQL here.

Here is the screen shot with cash enabled in it for other nice users then monsto who's dog cries bcoz it does not have a kind master.

Well actually the description was not in php & mysql. I didn't understand that one paragraph, so i was asking for a rephrase 'Bcoz' i thought i sounded like something i might want to take advantage of.

my dog cried 'Bcoz' it couldn't understand what was written, not because of your english. and while it may have been a rude way to put it, it did cry, nonetheless.

[edit]
OH OH IDEA FOR THE MOD.
How about a flag per forum as to whether or not those forums affect Cash? That way, spammy forums like a "General Bull" or "Not Work Safe" will never be allowed to have an impact if you don't want, but the "World Opinion" or "Italian Recipes" will.

cuz tbh, the 'general bull' forum on most sites are pretty low on value.

and a question: is this a mod or a plugin?
Quote:How about a flag per forum as to whether or not those forums affect Cash? That way, spammy forums like a "General Bull" or "Not Work Safe" will never be allowed to have an impact if you don't want, but the "World Opinion" or "Italian Recipes" will.

It was in my list of recommendations at the start. Under the per forum category.

Quote:Do you mean Shop Mod? Smile

Anyways, great, I can't wait

hahaha yes. I did actually mean the PayPal mod. When I've finished that I'll start work on a cash mod.

And for monsto. A cash mod allows people to collect cash from a variety of sources. From posting, voting etc. Generally there is a shop mod to go with the cash or a battle system that takes into account the shop mod and the cash mod.
The cash mod gives you the money, the shop mod allows you to spend it, the battle mod allows you to use what you've bought. That's the general way it goes.
It would probably have to be a mod because there are some complex things that need doing. Although it might be possible to make it a plugin.

For keral82. I'm going to make this mod as well. It's been on my agenda for a while now. I've made one before and now where I went wrong and what to do next. I've given others a chance to make one (there are a lot of threads about this mod) but noone seems to have made one. You said I shouldn't make one, then should, then shouldn't. I respected your wishes the first time and dropped the idea of making a cash mod. You will release yours sooner, of that I have no doubt. But I will release mine sometime too.

Didn't want this topic to be flamey but I guess it might turn that way....

EDIT: Post same time Smile
"Cash" has a connotation that it's real money. Might consider calling it "credits" or "points" cuz part of the reason i didn't understand what it was for was cuz i thought people had to actually pay in to take advantage of it . . . which wouldn't be smart d=
monsto Wrote:"Cash" has a connotation that it's real money. Might consider calling it "credits" or "points" cuz part of the reason i didn't understand what it was for was cuz i thought people had to actually pay in to take advantage of it . . . which wouldn't be smart d=
Well, you can probably word it any way you want. Like it I used it, I'd call it "RF dollars" to coincide with my site.

I finally got php, mysql and phpmyadmin all running on my computer, and came back to see how the development is going.

any update on your features?

If you cover all the features I'd like, and allow it to be variably changed in the ACP, I won't worry about developing my own version and work on something like a lottery mod instead. Smile

Hope all goes well with this. Smile
Pages: 1 2